Project name: “Building Climate Resilience in Shefa Amr”
Job description: The Community Coordinator will be responsible for engagement with community members, community based organizations, community leaders, and businesses in Shefa-‘Amr, including outreach and recruitment; coordinating and leading youth workshops; coordinating community events and workshops; forming, coordinating, and supporting the Climate Action Collaborative and its working groups as necessary and appropriate; connecting local stakeholders to experts and resources so that they can effectively implement climate actions; supporting the local authority Coordinator with joint local authority-community meetings, workshops, events, and initiatives; acting as a liaison between the Steering and Advisory Committee, the Climate Action Collaborative, and other local community stakeholders; supporting the University of Haifa Project Officers with the Participatory Vulnerability Assessment by recruiting participants and coordinating Participatory Vulnerability Assessment workshops, focus groups, and interviews as necessary and appropriate; supporting the University of Haifa Project Officers to gather input for the strategy/vision document; coordinating community planning sessions; developing media content relating to local community and civil society activities.
Qualifications and Competences required and/or desire:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in social sciences
- Preference to nominees having a certificate in group facilitation
- An experience in working with public, civil society, local authorities including skills in networking, recruiting and engaging, organizing and activating public activities
- High organizational skills including multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
Position Type: 75%
Location: The Galilee Society offices in Shefa’-’Amr
Travels: the job involves fieldwork
interested applicants should send CV and a cover letter to the emai:
Jobs@gal-soc.org by 30.1.2022 at the latest
Please indicate in the Subject of the email the <position title> and your <full name>
Only suitable applicants will be invited to an interview in the Galilee Society offices.